Skip to main content

Where do you fit in?

NetWorthHere's a headline I thought interesting.

U.S. millionaire count reaches 9 million

Now whether you think the number of millionaires in the US (2.9% of the population) is relevant or not, you should at least be concerned by the fact nearly 90% of the population has a net worth of less than $100,000. (I wonder how many of those households have a net worth of $0?)

I find that number very disturbing, as well as puzzling, considering the path many of our political leaders are trying to lead us down, and the number of Americans who support them.

But what might be the most troubling is who is this Spectrem Group, why is it they know how much money I have, and what else do they know about me?

Hmmm!

Comments

Gerry said…
Thats cause everybody expects and gets free shit from our government so why save?
Marc said…
Not sure I understand your comment, or which part of my post you are referring to. Are you referring to those getting Social Security and Medicare?

If everyone gets so much free shit from the government, then I would think there would be a lot more millionaires and billionaires, or at the very least, a lot more people with over $100,000.

Just a thought. Could it be the exact opposite of what you're saying?
Gerry said…
The point was, people getting the free shit don't work they just work the system so how could they be millionaires!
Marc said…
So that's 304,000,000 people, who aren't millionaires, that are on the dole?

Popular posts from this blog

When is enough, enough?

Today I learned, Lance Armstrong, the most drug tested athlete in the history of sport, is being accused of doping, again . This time by the US Anti Doping Agency (USADA), who claim they have collected blood samples from him in 2009 and 2010 that were “fully consistent with blood manipulation including EPO use and/or blood transfusions.” Really! What took them so long? The French have been trying to make allegations of drug doping stick for years, ever since he won his first Tour d'France, but to no avail. And now the USADA claims to have evidence to support that claim, and they've waited almost 3 years before releasing this evidence. Needless to say, I am skeptical. Then there's this from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO): Increasing the federal excise tax on cigarettes by 50 cents per pack eventually would increase Medicare and Social Security spending, slightly. Eventually? What is the CBO suggesting here? That we should encourage smoking, because if we don't, in...

The results are in

And I am iron deficient, big time. [Which would account for my low hemoglobin] Test Result Ref Range IRON 30 59-158 mcg/dL TOTAL IRON BINDING CAPACITY 231 250-420 mcg/dL IRON SAT 13 20-50 % My Ferritin levels were good, but that could be because Ferritin is also an "acute phase reactant", that is sometimes increased with acute or chronic disease. Folate and B12 levels were also within the normal range. The only problem now is determining what is causing the iron deficiency, which in the case of men, is [very] rare. My oncologist has given me a Globin Fecal test to perform, and has scheduled me for a consultation with a colorectal surgeon to discuss performing a colonoscopy, which could be problematic because of my large spleen. In the mean time, I've decided to start taking an iron supplement, it's only the quantity that is causing me some consternation. I've been told by a very knowledgeable person that to overcome an iron deficiency, I need to be taking 300 mg o...

I'm beginning to think I may never get better

I know it's only been just over 3 weeks since my surgery, and by some accounts, I might even be considered to be recovering faster than most. I also know my surgery was a little more problematic than most, having had a collapsed lung, and requiring 4 [drainage] tubes in me after surgery (most only have 2). Still I can't help but think, 3 weeks is a long time. Plus I'm still in need of my pain meds, and there does not appear to be any light at the end of this long, arduous tunnel. Everyone keeps telling me it will pass, and I will get better. Maybe that's true. After all the doctor did say my pain would likely persist for 4 to 6 weeks, but the longer it does persist, the more I begin to wonder  if all this has been worth it? One of the drawbacks of being laid up for so long is having way too much time on my hands to read. Too much time to read about the successes [and failures] of bypass surgery. Something, I've learned isn't all sunshine and roses, which only s...