Despite being a heavy drinker of green tea since my diagnosis, mainly for its cancer prevention, and hopefully cancer curing qualities, I recently have developed a new found enthusiasm for green tea. Now whether it has been the green tea I have been drinking for the past 6+ years, my heavy exercise routine, or just pure chance that has kept my MCL stable, or at least [very] slow progressing, for the past 7+ years is certainly open to debate, but based on past research, I have chosen to believe green tea has at least helped to some degree. So what has given me this new found enthusiasm? Well, a friend of mine, and cycling buddy, was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer, and knowing my daily regimen called to ask my advice on green tea. He had already done a lot of research on the subject, so when I told him my obsession with green tea consisted principally of drinking the least expensive, decaffeinated green tea available (Trader Joe's brand of 18 tea bags for $3, and more recentl...
Comments
Compared to my wife, some might actually believe I wasn't sick at all. It's not that I don't have issues, because I do, it's just compared to my wife, they are small.
My wife was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, I'm guessing about 4, maybe 5 years ago. Since that time she has undergone various treatment protocols, including an autologous stem cell transplant. Currently she is relatively stable, but needs to take Velcade on a regular basis to keep her that way. She is also on Social Security disability due to severe neuropathy in her hands and feet (a side effect of the Velcade).
I don't post much about her condition although I have posted some [click here], because I choose not to think about it. That would likely only make me more depressed than I already am.
So, while I may not be the best person to ask advice on this topic, I will just say to tell your friend to try not to dwell on the negative. Simply focus on the here and now, and try to enjoy whatever time you have left while you can.
One of my favorite sayings is:
The future is just a concept we use to avoid living today
I know that's certainly easier said than done, but.......