Skip to main content

When I was young

That was the title of a song written, and performed by Eric Burdon and the Animals back in 1967, which I thought was worth sharing. I can't really say that I remembered it, but that doesn't change the fact the words sure seem so much more appropriate, and poignant now [that I'm older].

Enjoy, and pay particular attention to the last verse.

Comments

Becky said…
I love this song, it reminds me of when I was young and all my siblings lived under one roof. My sisters were 11 and 12 years older than me and they had a "record player" that I was not allowed to touch, but could come into their room and sit and listen to the music of Jefferson Airplane, the Turtles and the Animals and I was probably 7 or 8 and I distinctly remember being confused by the lyrics "I was so much older then, when I was young".

Now I want to go youtube in the year 2525, that was another favorite.
Marc said…
And I'm one who never really payed attention to the lyrics of songs, so I was never confused by much of anything. Of course those were different times when I was growing up. Sure Vietnam was going on at the time, but I was in college, and even with the threat of the draft, things still didn't seem as dire as they are now.

Oh well, thanks for enlightening me to that song. [I think.] :)
Alan Posner said…
Like.

This is Facebook isn't it?
Marc said…
Did you just post this comment on 6/7?

I don't understand your question.