Skip to main content

I feel the need to rant!

For starters, I hate people who refuse to get a flu shot, or other vaccinations for that matter. Some people think they are a conspiracy to make us sick. Others just think they don't work. That's one reason I stopped working. Two people in the office didn't believe they worked. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, they think they can get the flu from a flu shot. And this is despite the fact they always got the flu (and still came to work).

I get one ever year even though most medical experts don't believe they work on the immune compromised. Mostly I depend on others getting their flu shot to protect me. Fortunately I managed to avoid the flu this past season, and I'm hoping for the same again this flu season.

So everyone PLEASE get your flu shot! If not for yourself, then for me. :)

I also hate riding my bike in the rain. That happened yesterday, and I was not a happy camper. It wasn't raining when I started out, and I didn't think it was supposed to rain (although it did look pretty ominous), but somewhere along the road, I got soaked. The worst part is your shoes and feet getting soaking wet, not to mention the cold. I will admit though, the hot shower did feel pretty good afterwards.

Facebook is another thing I am learning to dislike more and more everyday. It occupies too much of some peoples time. I especially hate the re-post requests, i.e. repost if you are or know of someone with cancer, if you know someone in the military etc. and the invites to different events or whatever. If I'm interested in something, I'm sure I'll find out about it some other way. But mostly I just don't need to know what my friends and relatives are doing every single minute of every single day.

And finally, I hate people who think supply side economics works. (OK, You didn't think I let you get away without at least one political rant for the day.)

I believe in demand side economics. If people want/need something bad enough [take drugs for instance], businesses [drug dealers] will pop up to supply that demand, regardless of the impediments [taxes, regulations, police] put in their way.

You can make all the widgets you want, I'm not going to buy them no matter how little they cost. (Remember the Edsel?)

But make something I need, or even just want, I will buy it regardless of the cost, that is assuming I have enough money to buy it.

Comments

Becky said…
I hate long walks on the beach, sunsets, and puppies! You crack me up!

You know I get my shots, [living with a diabetic] so I know you ain't talking about me.

Popular posts from this blog

The green tea phenomenon

Despite being a heavy drinker of green tea since my diagnosis, mainly for its cancer prevention, and hopefully cancer curing qualities, I recently have developed a new found enthusiasm for green tea. Now whether it has been the green tea I have been drinking for the past 6+ years, my heavy exercise routine, or just pure chance that has kept my MCL stable, or at least [very] slow progressing, for the past 7+ years is certainly open to debate, but based on past research, I have chosen to believe green tea has at least helped to some degree. So what has given me this new found enthusiasm? Well, a friend of mine, and cycling buddy, was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer, and knowing my daily regimen called to ask my advice on green tea. He had already done a lot of research on the subject, so when I told him my obsession with green tea consisted principally of drinking the least expensive, decaffeinated green tea available (Trader Joe's brand of 18 tea bags for $3, and more recentl...

When is enough, enough?

Today I learned, Lance Armstrong, the most drug tested athlete in the history of sport, is being accused of doping, again . This time by the US Anti Doping Agency (USADA), who claim they have collected blood samples from him in 2009 and 2010 that were “fully consistent with blood manipulation including EPO use and/or blood transfusions.” Really! What took them so long? The French have been trying to make allegations of drug doping stick for years, ever since he won his first Tour d'France, but to no avail. And now the USADA claims to have evidence to support that claim, and they've waited almost 3 years before releasing this evidence. Needless to say, I am skeptical. Then there's this from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO): Increasing the federal excise tax on cigarettes by 50 cents per pack eventually would increase Medicare and Social Security spending, slightly. Eventually? What is the CBO suggesting here? That we should encourage smoking, because if we don't, in...

Alternative treatment blowback

I received some interesting criticism the other day for my stance on alternative therapies. I ......... cannot for the life of me understand why you would not use supplementation and then use an over the counter poisonous liquid which has proven liver toxicity. Especially while taking a statin. She was referring to the use of an over the counter cough medication, I have been taking to help ease the symptoms of my upper respiratory infection. I did this once and vow to never use it again! I have gotten off Lipitor by using Nicotinic Acid and getting much better results but still use COQ10 to protect Liver as you must do while taking Statins. If you are not using CoQ10, I urge you to research this issue. MCL reduces your D3 and should be taken everyday! I use 5000mgs a day. I was sorta taken aback. She was partially correct. I'm against taking supplements, but when necessary I don't have a problem taking over the counter medication, when my ailments finally get the better of me. ...