Skip to main content

I'm not a happy camper

I'm not feeling good [haven't been for the past several days], and I blame it on golf, and the weatherman.

I've hardly been playing any golf lately, and if I hadn't already committed to playing with the one golfing group I belong to, I wouldn't have played last Monday either. I would have also likely skipped out on the tournament had the weather forecast been just a little more accurate.

You'd think weather.com could at least get the forecast right 4 hours in advance. But noooooo, that was not the case.

The night before rain was predicted to start early in the morning, and extend till about 9 AM, and had that been accurate, I would not have gone. Instead, when I awoke that morning there was no rain, and the forecast changed to cloudy with only a 10% chance of rain until about noon, when the rain was to return. I figured by that time I would be done with the round, so I headed out to Corona for my monthly golf fix.

When I arrived at the course, it was a little cold, but I planned for that. It was also cloudy, and the sky somewhat threatening, but I was confident in the weather forecast. So I hit a few practice balls, and then proceeded to the first tee.

Everything started out fine, until the 3rd hole, when as you might guess it started to rain. It didn't last long, but it was long enough to make it relatively uncomfortable. Still I ventured on, and while it never rained that hard again, there was enough moisture in the air to make it  not enjoyable at all. I eventually decided I'd had enough half way through the 11th hole [when I was still close enough to the clubhouse to walk back], which was fortunate, since it started raining as I was driving off the parking lot.

It wasn't until the next day, after going for an afternoon bike ride into the Whittier hills, that I realized what a bad decision it was to play golf that day. My throat was sore, and I was not feeling up to par [no pun intended]. I did go for a short bike ride the next morning, and even went to work on Thursday [I am such a dedicated employee], hoping it was nothing, and would soon go away.

Such was not the case though, as my cold [at least I hope that's what it is] seemed to be progressing. And while my throat is no longer sore (I think the tea and lemon helped that), my nose has started running profusely, and I have been relegated to carrying around a box of Kleenex and a small trash bag everywhere I go.

Hopefully with the sore throat dissipating, my cold is finally starting to run it's course, and I can get on with my life, but in the mean time I've decided to give up on golf. I really have no interest in playing any more, preferring to concentrate on cycling. I enjoy that so much more, and believe it or not, I'm actually better at it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vaccine Mandates, what are they good for?

Not much, that's for sure! Simply showing evidence of receiving a Covid-19 vaccine (whether fake or not), does not mean you are protected from getting Covid-19, nor spreading it, if infected. We are all different, and too many of us, i.e. people who are immunocompromised/ immunosupressed, the elderly, or others for various reasons, do not [cannot] mount an immune response as good as younger and healthier individuals. What is evidence of immunity is a quantitative antibody test showing you have developed antibodies, and to what degree, either from natural immunity or the vaccine.  That is what we should be testing for. That is what is important. But for too long, many, i.e. the FDA, doctors, and other health experts discouraged people (and still are) from getting antibody tests, because there was little knowledge about what level of antibodies are needed to impart immunity to the virus. That of course is true, to some extent, but how can we ever find out [learn] the answer to that q

History IS repeating itself

I didn't grow up during the rise and fall of Hitler and Nazi Germany, so for me to claim it feels like those are the times we are living in now, must be taken with a grain of salt. But I have seen enough movies, and read enough history to know, if the times we're living in now are not akin to the rise of a Nazism and Facism in Europe in the 1930's and 1940's, then we're not far off. If you can't see the parallels with Nazi Germany, then you must be living in a different country than me. Republicans and other right wing extremists will stop at nothing to subvert the will of the majority, forcing their beliefs, that they are the superior race and have been appointed by God, to impose their will on America, while they blame all our problems on immigrants, blacks and Jews. As I speak, Mitch McConnell, and his minions are raising roadblocks to all legislation designed to help average Americans under the guise of fiscal responsibility. They condone violent and verba

Open letter to all Democrats

Stop the nonsense! Continuing to go after Trump, without any hope of getting a conviction, does nothing more than provide Republicans with an obstructionist dialogue (now that they have come up with the unconstitutional talking point) in addition to giving Trump much needed publicity, when we should be ignoring him. It's the pure definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result! Instead Democrats need to be laser focused on what is important to all Americans, i.e. healthcare, Social Security and Medicare, infrastructure reform, the Covid-19 vaccine rollout, to name just a few. And when you do talk about Trump, simply steer the conversation as to how the Trump administration botched everything, how Trump is responsible for the deaths of 400,000+ Americans, due to his inaction and the down playing of the pandemic, plus the deaths of 2 Capitol policeman during the insurrection Trump provoked and incited on January 6, 2021.