Skip to main content

So who all knows?

Maybe an even better question to ask is, who doesn't know?

As I was leaving the coffee shop, after my bike ride on Saturday, one of the guys I ride with frequently, mentioned he read my blog the other day and commented on some of my posts.

WOW! I was a shocked, or at least I was taken by surprise. Now while I've never tried to hide my lymphoma or my blog [my email address does include my domain name], neither have I ever made it my mission to inform the world.  So why then was I so surprised when he mentioned he read my blog?

It wasn't so much he knew, and I didn't realize he knew [although I probably should have], I think it just had more to do with the venue where he mentioned it. There were several other club members still there, who expressed surprise I had a blog. I just hate to think everyone would find out, and then I start getting treated differently than they would if I didn't have lymphoma.

Oh well, such is life. I don't think that has happened so much yet, but I have had my suspicions at times. I just don't want anyone to feel they have to treat me differently. That has always been my biggest fear.

Comments

Gerry said…
Don't worry about it, I will still try to work you over on the rides, remember old age and tretchery still wins over their excuses!

Just don't sweat any of that green tea on me...........
Marc said…
Thanks Gerry! I knew I can always count on you. :)
Mark said…
What? You have a blog? How do I find it?
Marc said…
Oh, I don't know if I can trust you. Besides it's pretty complicated. You have to be computer savvy!
Gerry said…
Don't worry It won't work on a MAC!

Popular posts from this blog

The green tea phenomenon

Despite being a heavy drinker of green tea since my diagnosis, mainly for its cancer prevention, and hopefully cancer curing qualities, I recently have developed a new found enthusiasm for green tea. Now whether it has been the green tea I have been drinking for the past 6+ years, my heavy exercise routine, or just pure chance that has kept my MCL stable, or at least [very] slow progressing, for the past 7+ years is certainly open to debate, but based on past research, I have chosen to believe green tea has at least helped to some degree. So what has given me this new found enthusiasm? Well, a friend of mine, and cycling buddy, was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer, and knowing my daily regimen called to ask my advice on green tea. He had already done a lot of research on the subject, so when I told him my obsession with green tea consisted principally of drinking the least expensive, decaffeinated green tea available (Trader Joe's brand of 18 tea bags for $3, and more recentl...

Alternative treatment blowback

I received some interesting criticism the other day for my stance on alternative therapies. I ......... cannot for the life of me understand why you would not use supplementation and then use an over the counter poisonous liquid which has proven liver toxicity. Especially while taking a statin. She was referring to the use of an over the counter cough medication, I have been taking to help ease the symptoms of my upper respiratory infection. I did this once and vow to never use it again! I have gotten off Lipitor by using Nicotinic Acid and getting much better results but still use COQ10 to protect Liver as you must do while taking Statins. If you are not using CoQ10, I urge you to research this issue. MCL reduces your D3 and should be taken everyday! I use 5000mgs a day. I was sorta taken aback. She was partially correct. I'm against taking supplements, but when necessary I don't have a problem taking over the counter medication, when my ailments finally get the better of me. ...

When is enough, enough?

Today I learned, Lance Armstrong, the most drug tested athlete in the history of sport, is being accused of doping, again . This time by the US Anti Doping Agency (USADA), who claim they have collected blood samples from him in 2009 and 2010 that were “fully consistent with blood manipulation including EPO use and/or blood transfusions.” Really! What took them so long? The French have been trying to make allegations of drug doping stick for years, ever since he won his first Tour d'France, but to no avail. And now the USADA claims to have evidence to support that claim, and they've waited almost 3 years before releasing this evidence. Needless to say, I am skeptical. Then there's this from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO): Increasing the federal excise tax on cigarettes by 50 cents per pack eventually would increase Medicare and Social Security spending, slightly. Eventually? What is the CBO suggesting here? That we should encourage smoking, because if we don't, in...