Skip to main content

All fixed [I hope!]

Well I didn't make it to Thursday.

Right in the middle of preparing for our AS9100 annual surveillance audit at work this morning, my nose started to bleed. Blood was everywhere. It was really embarrassing, and depressing.

Fortunately we have a very understanding auditor, and a lot of good coworkers to pick up the slack for me, as I tried to get the bleeding to stop, and then call the doctors office. I wasn't about to wait till Thursday to get this problem taken care of. I was prepared to beg if need be.

Happily I didn't have to beg. I simply explained my situation to the nurse, and she asked how quickly I could get there. I left work almost immediately, and headed to the doctors office.

So to make a long story short, after an attempt at chemical cauterization didn't work out too well, plus some whining on my part, the doctor ended up performing an electrocauterization. [I don't know why he didn't do that in the first place, it seems the most effective, but......]

So here I am back home, hoping this did the trick, and faced with the challenge of not blowing my nose [hard] for two weeks, nor ride my bike until at least Friday.

I'm just not sure which one of those two things is going to be more painful.

Comments

Luddy said…
I would like to say...Bravo
Becky said…
I would like to say...Hope you're feeling better and not whinning too much about not riding and/or blowing your nose. For two days I kept chanting to myself "I can do this I can do this". And I did, but only because I had an excellent teacher.

Popular posts from this blog

The green tea phenomenon

Despite being a heavy drinker of green tea since my diagnosis, mainly for its cancer prevention, and hopefully cancer curing qualities, I recently have developed a new found enthusiasm for green tea. Now whether it has been the green tea I have been drinking for the past 6+ years, my heavy exercise routine, or just pure chance that has kept my MCL stable, or at least [very] slow progressing, for the past 7+ years is certainly open to debate, but based on past research, I have chosen to believe green tea has at least helped to some degree. So what has given me this new found enthusiasm? Well, a friend of mine, and cycling buddy, was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer, and knowing my daily regimen called to ask my advice on green tea. He had already done a lot of research on the subject, so when I told him my obsession with green tea consisted principally of drinking the least expensive, decaffeinated green tea available (Trader Joe's brand of 18 tea bags for $3, and more recentl...

Alternative treatment blowback

I received some interesting criticism the other day for my stance on alternative therapies. I ......... cannot for the life of me understand why you would not use supplementation and then use an over the counter poisonous liquid which has proven liver toxicity. Especially while taking a statin. She was referring to the use of an over the counter cough medication, I have been taking to help ease the symptoms of my upper respiratory infection. I did this once and vow to never use it again! I have gotten off Lipitor by using Nicotinic Acid and getting much better results but still use COQ10 to protect Liver as you must do while taking Statins. If you are not using CoQ10, I urge you to research this issue. MCL reduces your D3 and should be taken everyday! I use 5000mgs a day. I was sorta taken aback. She was partially correct. I'm against taking supplements, but when necessary I don't have a problem taking over the counter medication, when my ailments finally get the better of me. ...

When is enough, enough?

Today I learned, Lance Armstrong, the most drug tested athlete in the history of sport, is being accused of doping, again . This time by the US Anti Doping Agency (USADA), who claim they have collected blood samples from him in 2009 and 2010 that were “fully consistent with blood manipulation including EPO use and/or blood transfusions.” Really! What took them so long? The French have been trying to make allegations of drug doping stick for years, ever since he won his first Tour d'France, but to no avail. And now the USADA claims to have evidence to support that claim, and they've waited almost 3 years before releasing this evidence. Needless to say, I am skeptical. Then there's this from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO): Increasing the federal excise tax on cigarettes by 50 cents per pack eventually would increase Medicare and Social Security spending, slightly. Eventually? What is the CBO suggesting here? That we should encourage smoking, because if we don't, in...