Skip to main content

It's always something!

Last night I got a nose bleed. It wasn't very serious, nor did it last very long, but in 2001, I ended up in the emergency room, because I couldn't stop a nose bleed, which resulted after a sneeze. So the fear of that happening again is always in the back of my mind.

The doctors attributed it to the low humidity, and the fact I took three aspirin (that was before my diagnosis) the night before, because of a bad headache.

But while the nose bleed in 2001 occurred after an episode of sneezing, last nights nose bleed was not the result of any trauma. I was just sitting down to dinner, when suddenly, my nose started bleeding.

Still, I wasn't overly concerned because of the brevity of the occurrance, but when I got another nose bleed this morning, again without any trauma, I became a little alarmed.

So I immediately emailed my oncologist to ask if she would add some coagulation tests to my monthly blood work, which coincidentally was due today. (Platelet count alone is not an indication of the quality of the platelets.)

She obliged, and I immediately headed to the hospital to get the blood work.

Well, I just received all the test results, and there doesn't appear to be anything in my blood work to indicate a cause for the two bloody noses. My CBC, hemoglobin, platelets, are not significantly different than what has been reported over the past 2 years (lymphocytes were even down 10% from last month), and the coagulation factors were all within the normal/average range.

So I am feeling a little better now, knowing there doesn't seem to be anything too sinister going on, and hoping the recent nose bleeds are also a result of the low humidity (at 62% today).

I am, however, a little concerned green tea may be a contributor to the nose bleeds. Green tea does act as a blood thinner, and my recent switch to loose leaf green tea (from the cheapest green tea in bags), has no doubt resulted in an increase in the active ingredients in green tea that I am consuming.

I'd sure hate to think I may have to go back to drinking green tea from bags. Besides the fact, I'm anticipating improved results from the loose leaf green tea, it tastes much better.

Oh well, tomorrow should be an exciting day. I'm not going to work, and instead going for a bike ride in the morning. That should be a real test.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vaccine Mandates, what are they good for?

Not much, that's for sure! Simply showing evidence of receiving a Covid-19 vaccine (whether fake or not), does not mean you are protected from getting Covid-19, nor spreading it, if infected. We are all different, and too many of us, i.e. people who are immunocompromised/ immunosupressed, the elderly, or others for various reasons, do not [cannot] mount an immune response as good as younger and healthier individuals. What is evidence of immunity is a quantitative antibody test showing you have developed antibodies, and to what degree, either from natural immunity or the vaccine.  That is what we should be testing for. That is what is important. But for too long, many, i.e. the FDA, doctors, and other health experts discouraged people (and still are) from getting antibody tests, because there was little knowledge about what level of antibodies are needed to impart immunity to the virus. That of course is true, to some extent, but how can we ever find out [learn] the answer to that q

History IS repeating itself

I didn't grow up during the rise and fall of Hitler and Nazi Germany, so for me to claim it feels like those are the times we are living in now, must be taken with a grain of salt. But I have seen enough movies, and read enough history to know, if the times we're living in now are not akin to the rise of a Nazism and Facism in Europe in the 1930's and 1940's, then we're not far off. If you can't see the parallels with Nazi Germany, then you must be living in a different country than me. Republicans and other right wing extremists will stop at nothing to subvert the will of the majority, forcing their beliefs, that they are the superior race and have been appointed by God, to impose their will on America, while they blame all our problems on immigrants, blacks and Jews. As I speak, Mitch McConnell, and his minions are raising roadblocks to all legislation designed to help average Americans under the guise of fiscal responsibility. They condone violent and verba

Open letter to all Democrats

Stop the nonsense! Continuing to go after Trump, without any hope of getting a conviction, does nothing more than provide Republicans with an obstructionist dialogue (now that they have come up with the unconstitutional talking point) in addition to giving Trump much needed publicity, when we should be ignoring him. It's the pure definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result! Instead Democrats need to be laser focused on what is important to all Americans, i.e. healthcare, Social Security and Medicare, infrastructure reform, the Covid-19 vaccine rollout, to name just a few. And when you do talk about Trump, simply steer the conversation as to how the Trump administration botched everything, how Trump is responsible for the deaths of 400,000+ Americans, due to his inaction and the down playing of the pandemic, plus the deaths of 2 Capitol policeman during the insurrection Trump provoked and incited on January 6, 2021.