Skip to main content

Fixed the problem!

Well almost anywaze.

Just thought I would give everyone an update on the limited success I've had in solving the problem with the latest version of WordPress.

Miraculously I've fixed the problem with the permalink structure, so now everyone using the various search engines will be able to benefit from my vast wealth of knowledge on lymphoma [and many other things], without encountering a '404 error' messages when linking to my site.

The only problem is, the Category and Explore functions on my site no longer work.

Fortunately the archive section still works, and you can search the website, so until the WordPress gurus come out with v2.6.1, addressing the problem, I'll just have to deal with that.

I'm done fretting over the whole matter.

IMPORTANT UPDATE 5:21 PM PDST - All is well, the problem seems to be fixed.  Just eliminating one permalink structure attribute seemingly has fixed the problem.  All links appear to work for now.

WHEW!!! I feel a lot better now.

Comments

Becky said…
I tried to post the other day and thought the problem was on my end. Glad you fixed it.

Popular posts from this blog

When is enough, enough?

Today I learned, Lance Armstrong, the most drug tested athlete in the history of sport, is being accused of doping, again . This time by the US Anti Doping Agency (USADA), who claim they have collected blood samples from him in 2009 and 2010 that were “fully consistent with blood manipulation including EPO use and/or blood transfusions.” Really! What took them so long? The French have been trying to make allegations of drug doping stick for years, ever since he won his first Tour d'France, but to no avail. And now the USADA claims to have evidence to support that claim, and they've waited almost 3 years before releasing this evidence. Needless to say, I am skeptical. Then there's this from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO): Increasing the federal excise tax on cigarettes by 50 cents per pack eventually would increase Medicare and Social Security spending, slightly. Eventually? What is the CBO suggesting here? That we should encourage smoking, because if we don't, in...

My Last Post (????)

First it was my Facebook page, then it was my smart phone, and now it's the Internet I read in the latest AARP magazine, if you want a job you need a presence on the Internet. You need a Facebook account, Twitter account, Linked in account. etc. If you don't have a presence, your resume will likely be tossed. Say what? I can understand wanting employees to be competent in the use of a computer, and adept at navigating the internet, but requiring someone be connected to one or more of the myriad of social media networks. That's just not right! The use of the internet has grown too far, expanding far beyond its original intent, which was to ensure an unbroken line of communication during times of war, and morphing into something far more sinister. Some might even consider dangerous. The internet has managed to integrate itself into the very fabric of our society, and is being used by all the worlds governments and large corporations, to gather information about all of us with...

The green tea phenomenon

Despite being a heavy drinker of green tea since my diagnosis, mainly for its cancer prevention, and hopefully cancer curing qualities, I recently have developed a new found enthusiasm for green tea. Now whether it has been the green tea I have been drinking for the past 6+ years, my heavy exercise routine, or just pure chance that has kept my MCL stable, or at least [very] slow progressing, for the past 7+ years is certainly open to debate, but based on past research, I have chosen to believe green tea has at least helped to some degree. So what has given me this new found enthusiasm? Well, a friend of mine, and cycling buddy, was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer, and knowing my daily regimen called to ask my advice on green tea. He had already done a lot of research on the subject, so when I told him my obsession with green tea consisted principally of drinking the least expensive, decaffeinated green tea available (Trader Joe's brand of 18 tea bags for $3, and more recentl...