Skip to main content

I've been tagged

Normally I would just ignore such internet dribble, but since it was Becky who tagged me, I thought I would play along.

I started off by posting the rules on what to do after being tagged, and then began posting 8 things about myself, also according to the rules. I even managed to come up with 4 things I thought of note, but that was pretty much it.

Then I started thinking, why am I doing this? I seldom, if ever, even open attachments sent to me via email by friends on the internet, nor do I read the numerous jokes I am sent. This sort of thing just isn't me.

So I stopped, and went over to a friends house to watch the USC vs UCLA game.

But as I was watching the game, I decided rather than just dismissing this tagging thing completely, I would compromise and provide a few small bits of information about myself, some of which may even be of value to everyone.

  1. I am a contrarian/pessimist. When things are going good, I expect them to soon go bad, and when they're bad, I expect them to get even worse. I'm never disappointed that way.

  2. I'm also a quick learner. It only took me 33 years, working for 9 different companies, to figure out for the past 18 years, I have been working for the best company, and working with the best group of people (with a few exceptions) one could ever imagine. It's no wonder I've been there so long, and willing to commute 160 miles a day for the honor. (Fortunately I only have to do it 2 days a week now.)

  3. I brush and floss my teeth twice a day, every day. I've done so pretty much ever since my diagnosis. I can even remember returning home once after driving about 2 miles down the road to work, when I realized I had forgotten to brush my teeth that morning.Your mouth is the harbinger of all sorts of germs and bacteria, and if you don't take care of your teeth and gums, you're just asking for all sorts of health problems. I also consider that another factor in my 5+ years of not requiring treatment, along with high intensity exercise, and not cutting my hair.


Ok, I guess that's enough for now. I just hope I've done enough to appease the internet tagging gods. After all, I do need to save some things for later posts.

Comments

Becky said…
I rarely respond to internet dribble either, but since I had to post things about me I participated and I knew you would as well, because I didn't nickname you "It's all about me, Kashinsky" for nothing.

See, and now after 18+ years I've learned something new about you. I never knew you flossed so religiously since being diagnosed.
Is it a superstitous thing or because you read something on the subject?

John has the house in turmoil due to laying tile and my poor cat is pissed. He can't lay on top of the cable box anymore and he's scratching every piece of furniture he can get his claws on in protest.
Marc said…
Flossing and brushing have nothing to do with superstition. It's strictly a health issue.

Like I said, your mouth harbors all sorts of bacteria and germs from the food you eat, and the air you breath.

It's the one part of the body, you should not neglect!

Popular posts from this blog

The green tea phenomenon

Despite being a heavy drinker of green tea since my diagnosis, mainly for its cancer prevention, and hopefully cancer curing qualities, I recently have developed a new found enthusiasm for green tea. Now whether it has been the green tea I have been drinking for the past 6+ years, my heavy exercise routine, or just pure chance that has kept my MCL stable, or at least [very] slow progressing, for the past 7+ years is certainly open to debate, but based on past research, I have chosen to believe green tea has at least helped to some degree. So what has given me this new found enthusiasm? Well, a friend of mine, and cycling buddy, was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer, and knowing my daily regimen called to ask my advice on green tea. He had already done a lot of research on the subject, so when I told him my obsession with green tea consisted principally of drinking the least expensive, decaffeinated green tea available (Trader Joe's brand of 18 tea bags for $3, and more recentl...

Alternative treatment blowback

I received some interesting criticism the other day for my stance on alternative therapies. I ......... cannot for the life of me understand why you would not use supplementation and then use an over the counter poisonous liquid which has proven liver toxicity. Especially while taking a statin. She was referring to the use of an over the counter cough medication, I have been taking to help ease the symptoms of my upper respiratory infection. I did this once and vow to never use it again! I have gotten off Lipitor by using Nicotinic Acid and getting much better results but still use COQ10 to protect Liver as you must do while taking Statins. If you are not using CoQ10, I urge you to research this issue. MCL reduces your D3 and should be taken everyday! I use 5000mgs a day. I was sorta taken aback. She was partially correct. I'm against taking supplements, but when necessary I don't have a problem taking over the counter medication, when my ailments finally get the better of me. ...

When is enough, enough?

Today I learned, Lance Armstrong, the most drug tested athlete in the history of sport, is being accused of doping, again . This time by the US Anti Doping Agency (USADA), who claim they have collected blood samples from him in 2009 and 2010 that were “fully consistent with blood manipulation including EPO use and/or blood transfusions.” Really! What took them so long? The French have been trying to make allegations of drug doping stick for years, ever since he won his first Tour d'France, but to no avail. And now the USADA claims to have evidence to support that claim, and they've waited almost 3 years before releasing this evidence. Needless to say, I am skeptical. Then there's this from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO): Increasing the federal excise tax on cigarettes by 50 cents per pack eventually would increase Medicare and Social Security spending, slightly. Eventually? What is the CBO suggesting here? That we should encourage smoking, because if we don't, in...