Skip to main content

And on Monday I rested

After a hard bike ride Friday, golf on Saturday, and another hard bike ride Sunday, just like in the Tour d'France, I decided today would be a rest day.

I did walk to the golf course, this morning, to sign up for the club match play competition, starting next month, and then to the bank, but after that I settled in front of the TV, for a day of total relaxation.

Of course that can get pretty boring after a while.

Even with over 200 stations to select from, there's only so much television any one person can watch.  So I did little things, like pay some bills, take out the garbage, put the new registration sticker on the car, clean out the glove compartment (why do they call it a glove compartment?) and center console, in preparation for our trip to Oregon on Saturday, and surfed the internet.

Oh, and I did do a little bit of work also!

One thing of interest I discovered, when cleaning out the center console of the car, was my SuperCuts frequent hair cut card. It's the card they fill out each time you get a hair cut, and after 9 cuts, you get the 10th one free.

I found it interesting because the last date on it was December 12, 2002, and I haven't had a hair cut since that time.

It also gave me something write about, and occupy some more of my time today.

Ooops! Gotta go, the Rifleman starts in 10 minutes.

Comments

Becky said…
The name derives from the original purpose of the compartment: to store ones gloves.

Rifleman? You must be bored.

Sunday John forced me to watch "Support your local Sheriff" and then "The Blues Brothers." The office got steam cleaned today on the outside to prepare for painting. You want to come in and watch paint dry?

Popular posts from this blog

The green tea phenomenon

Despite being a heavy drinker of green tea since my diagnosis, mainly for its cancer prevention, and hopefully cancer curing qualities, I recently have developed a new found enthusiasm for green tea. Now whether it has been the green tea I have been drinking for the past 6+ years, my heavy exercise routine, or just pure chance that has kept my MCL stable, or at least [very] slow progressing, for the past 7+ years is certainly open to debate, but based on past research, I have chosen to believe green tea has at least helped to some degree. So what has given me this new found enthusiasm? Well, a friend of mine, and cycling buddy, was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer, and knowing my daily regimen called to ask my advice on green tea. He had already done a lot of research on the subject, so when I told him my obsession with green tea consisted principally of drinking the least expensive, decaffeinated green tea available (Trader Joe's brand of 18 tea bags for $3, and more recentl...

When is enough, enough?

Today I learned, Lance Armstrong, the most drug tested athlete in the history of sport, is being accused of doping, again . This time by the US Anti Doping Agency (USADA), who claim they have collected blood samples from him in 2009 and 2010 that were “fully consistent with blood manipulation including EPO use and/or blood transfusions.” Really! What took them so long? The French have been trying to make allegations of drug doping stick for years, ever since he won his first Tour d'France, but to no avail. And now the USADA claims to have evidence to support that claim, and they've waited almost 3 years before releasing this evidence. Needless to say, I am skeptical. Then there's this from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO): Increasing the federal excise tax on cigarettes by 50 cents per pack eventually would increase Medicare and Social Security spending, slightly. Eventually? What is the CBO suggesting here? That we should encourage smoking, because if we don't, in...

Oxycodon Withdrawal

If there's one thing I've gained from this entire ordeal, it's a much greater appreciation for the trials and tribulations of drug addicts. For me it's been just over 4 days since my last Oxycodon, after only being on it for around 2 months, but the desire to take another pill still exists. While the severity of the symptoms of Oxycodon withdrawal I've been experiencing, i.e. abdominal cramps, chills, body aches, runny nose, etc. have subsided some, they have not gone away yet. And while some of that may be psychosomatic, it's still not hard for me to imagine how difficult it must be for someone addicted for a much longer period of time, or on a greater quantity to kick the habit. I even have a new found sympathy for Rush Limbaugh. It's not that the Oxycodon was so instrumental in relieving the tightness and discomfort in my chest, because it wasn't. [Although I'm starting to have some doubts.] It was because the Oxycodon provided a feeling of well ...