Skip to main content

Much ado about nothing

Here I was, all siked up over people learning of my blog, and what emotions might be stirred up from it, as it turned out, Thanksgiving dinner with our nieces and nephews can best be described as uneventful. While many more people are aware that I have a blog, not everyone is aware of the content, nor do they seem interested enough to read it.

It appears, even Naomi (see my last post) failed to inform anyone just yet, since the two people who I would have expected Naomi to say something to, did not give any indication they talked to her, when I met them for a bike ride yesterday morning.

So now I don't know whether to be relieved or disappointed? Maybe I'm not psychic after all! :)

Comments

Becky said…
I have a lot of people comment to me about my blog, but they never post anything they just read it like lurks.

So, they might have read it and not known what to say.

Which is just as annoying.
Mark VanKirk said…
I am Marc's nephew. We hosted Thanksgiving Dinner and I wanted to clear a couple things up......

It was not Marc and Edie's niece that told me about Marc's condition. It was old information that I heard from her husband.

I purposely did not tell anyone about the health issues because I didn't want to consume their entire day with questions from concerned relatives. In addition, Aunt Edie hinted that she didn't want it to be the focus of discussion.

I didn't tell anyone (except Lauren), including my mother which is Edie's sister. Needless to say, they were all quite shocked when they received Aunt Edie's revelation email over this past weekend.

We found out about your website a year or two ago when you had the pictures posted of your new BBQ and we looked at it on my laptop on Thanksgiving. In addition, Aunt Edie announced that her new email address was edie@livingwithmcl.com.

I hope this clears up some of the reasons that there was not an emotional show on Thanksgiving. I didn't tell anyone so that you were more comfortable.

It is only now 12/10/2006 that the family is reading your blog. Not because they don't care, because they didn't know how.

Love you guys! Mark

Popular posts from this blog

The green tea phenomenon

Despite being a heavy drinker of green tea since my diagnosis, mainly for its cancer prevention, and hopefully cancer curing qualities, I recently have developed a new found enthusiasm for green tea. Now whether it has been the green tea I have been drinking for the past 6+ years, my heavy exercise routine, or just pure chance that has kept my MCL stable, or at least [very] slow progressing, for the past 7+ years is certainly open to debate, but based on past research, I have chosen to believe green tea has at least helped to some degree. So what has given me this new found enthusiasm? Well, a friend of mine, and cycling buddy, was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer, and knowing my daily regimen called to ask my advice on green tea. He had already done a lot of research on the subject, so when I told him my obsession with green tea consisted principally of drinking the least expensive, decaffeinated green tea available (Trader Joe's brand of 18 tea bags for $3, and more recentl...

Alternative treatment blowback

I received some interesting criticism the other day for my stance on alternative therapies. I ......... cannot for the life of me understand why you would not use supplementation and then use an over the counter poisonous liquid which has proven liver toxicity. Especially while taking a statin. She was referring to the use of an over the counter cough medication, I have been taking to help ease the symptoms of my upper respiratory infection. I did this once and vow to never use it again! I have gotten off Lipitor by using Nicotinic Acid and getting much better results but still use COQ10 to protect Liver as you must do while taking Statins. If you are not using CoQ10, I urge you to research this issue. MCL reduces your D3 and should be taken everyday! I use 5000mgs a day. I was sorta taken aback. She was partially correct. I'm against taking supplements, but when necessary I don't have a problem taking over the counter medication, when my ailments finally get the better of me. ...

When is enough, enough?

Today I learned, Lance Armstrong, the most drug tested athlete in the history of sport, is being accused of doping, again . This time by the US Anti Doping Agency (USADA), who claim they have collected blood samples from him in 2009 and 2010 that were “fully consistent with blood manipulation including EPO use and/or blood transfusions.” Really! What took them so long? The French have been trying to make allegations of drug doping stick for years, ever since he won his first Tour d'France, but to no avail. And now the USADA claims to have evidence to support that claim, and they've waited almost 3 years before releasing this evidence. Needless to say, I am skeptical. Then there's this from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO): Increasing the federal excise tax on cigarettes by 50 cents per pack eventually would increase Medicare and Social Security spending, slightly. Eventually? What is the CBO suggesting here? That we should encourage smoking, because if we don't, in...