Skip to main content

Rockstar Supernova

It may be difficult for some of you to believe that a 58 year old man would enjoy Supernova, but I can't help myself. It is entertaining, especially when you typically disagree with the bands critiques.

I'll start off with Delana. I just don't understand what the band sees in her, but they do seem to love her. Her voice is sort of hypnotic, but it comes across as monotonous to me. Maybe it's the body art, which I think she has gone overboard with.

Then there is Ryan who I believe has the most raw talent of the final six, but I have to agree with Jason Newsted, he just may not be right for Supernova.

Storm, is one who IMO had her best performance of the show last night, but I still don't like her, and Gilby and Tommy Lee agreed. I think she'll be gone tonight.

Then there is Magni, Toby and of course Lukas. I enjoy Magni and Toby, and they both had great performances last night, but I give the nod to Toby for the encore tonight, although I expect the band members will pick Delana. (I just don't know why).

In the end, I predict Lukas to be the winner. While I don't particularly care for his style, I think he fits the mold of Supernova perfectly.

Comments

Becky said…
Here is my order by favorites for last nights performance:

1. Dilana.
2. Magni
3. Toby
4. Storm
5. Lucas

I agree, Storm will probably be let go tonight. The song the fans picked for her did not go with her voice at all. I think Dilana is more talented than Lucas, but so are Magni and Ryan. Ryan's style doesn't belong with Supernova. I think he'll do well solo. I don't know what anyone sees in Lucas he has no range. They must be dazzled by the makeup. But we haven't heard an original out of Dilana or Lucas so they might suck at songwriting or blow us away. Dilana can sing anything and make it her own, but you know how it goes, they'll pick a guy. Same old story.

Hey,and I'm 46 and was on the computer voting until 10:30PM and I commented in a chatroom.

Go figure.
Marc said…
You actually were voting! I didn't do that.

So you didn't put Ryan into your order of performances last night. Didn't you like him?
Becky said…
Apparently I'm psychic because I failed to mention Ryan and now he's gone.
Marc said…
I know. I am shocked. The only explanation I have is they didn't want it down to 4 guys and 1 girl, so they had to get rid of Ryan.

He wouldn't have won anywaze, but he is certainly more talented than Storm.

Oh well, such is life
Becky said…
I was shocked that Lucas wasn't in the bottom three last night.

I can't wait to see his writing abilities because so far the Supernova songs suck and I thought Dave Navarro was an a!! last night towards Magni.

Popular posts from this blog

The green tea phenomenon

Despite being a heavy drinker of green tea since my diagnosis, mainly for its cancer prevention, and hopefully cancer curing qualities, I recently have developed a new found enthusiasm for green tea. Now whether it has been the green tea I have been drinking for the past 6+ years, my heavy exercise routine, or just pure chance that has kept my MCL stable, or at least [very] slow progressing, for the past 7+ years is certainly open to debate, but based on past research, I have chosen to believe green tea has at least helped to some degree. So what has given me this new found enthusiasm? Well, a friend of mine, and cycling buddy, was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer, and knowing my daily regimen called to ask my advice on green tea. He had already done a lot of research on the subject, so when I told him my obsession with green tea consisted principally of drinking the least expensive, decaffeinated green tea available (Trader Joe's brand of 18 tea bags for $3, and more recentl...

Alternative treatment blowback

I received some interesting criticism the other day for my stance on alternative therapies. I ......... cannot for the life of me understand why you would not use supplementation and then use an over the counter poisonous liquid which has proven liver toxicity. Especially while taking a statin. She was referring to the use of an over the counter cough medication, I have been taking to help ease the symptoms of my upper respiratory infection. I did this once and vow to never use it again! I have gotten off Lipitor by using Nicotinic Acid and getting much better results but still use COQ10 to protect Liver as you must do while taking Statins. If you are not using CoQ10, I urge you to research this issue. MCL reduces your D3 and should be taken everyday! I use 5000mgs a day. I was sorta taken aback. She was partially correct. I'm against taking supplements, but when necessary I don't have a problem taking over the counter medication, when my ailments finally get the better of me. ...

When is enough, enough?

Today I learned, Lance Armstrong, the most drug tested athlete in the history of sport, is being accused of doping, again . This time by the US Anti Doping Agency (USADA), who claim they have collected blood samples from him in 2009 and 2010 that were “fully consistent with blood manipulation including EPO use and/or blood transfusions.” Really! What took them so long? The French have been trying to make allegations of drug doping stick for years, ever since he won his first Tour d'France, but to no avail. And now the USADA claims to have evidence to support that claim, and they've waited almost 3 years before releasing this evidence. Needless to say, I am skeptical. Then there's this from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO): Increasing the federal excise tax on cigarettes by 50 cents per pack eventually would increase Medicare and Social Security spending, slightly. Eventually? What is the CBO suggesting here? That we should encourage smoking, because if we don't, in...