Skip to main content

29 hours

oxycodon_sideeffectsThat's how long I've been off the Oxycodon, and while the pain is not intolerable, I know I could be feeling a lot better right now after just one 5 mg tablet.

My concern is I don't want to become addicted, which is a huge fear I have (there's even an Oxycodon addiction website I just came across with counselors ready to talk), nor experience any of the myriad of side effects associated with this drug, but neither do I want to feel uncomfortable all the time.

It's been 7 weeks, and I am making progress. I've managed to get the dose down to 2 to 3 per day, from the 5 to 6 per day I was taking the Oxycodon about a month ago, but I'm wondering if it is normal to still be needing it. Shouldn't I start seeing some more improvement by now?

So in an attempt to avoid, or at least delay taking another Oxycodon, I thought I would just vent a little here, in the hope someone, besides the countless number of spammers who have been inundating me with spam comments lately, would provide some of their insights, personal experiences, or even advice, to help me through this period I am currently dealing with.

Comments

Alan said…
Why don't you switch to Vicodin or Tylenol with codeine which while are also addictive, much less so.
Marc said…
What's really the difference with former? Besides I have a different issue with Tylenol, and that's its reaction with alcohol and its effect on the liver.

In reality it's not so much the drug, but the fact I still need to take anything. It's been over 7 weeks!

Popular posts from this blog

The green tea phenomenon

Despite being a heavy drinker of green tea since my diagnosis, mainly for its cancer prevention, and hopefully cancer curing qualities, I recently have developed a new found enthusiasm for green tea. Now whether it has been the green tea I have been drinking for the past 6+ years, my heavy exercise routine, or just pure chance that has kept my MCL stable, or at least [very] slow progressing, for the past 7+ years is certainly open to debate, but based on past research, I have chosen to believe green tea has at least helped to some degree. So what has given me this new found enthusiasm? Well, a friend of mine, and cycling buddy, was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer, and knowing my daily regimen called to ask my advice on green tea. He had already done a lot of research on the subject, so when I told him my obsession with green tea consisted principally of drinking the least expensive, decaffeinated green tea available (Trader Joe's brand of 18 tea bags for $3, and more recentl...

Alternative treatment blowback

I received some interesting criticism the other day for my stance on alternative therapies. I ......... cannot for the life of me understand why you would not use supplementation and then use an over the counter poisonous liquid which has proven liver toxicity. Especially while taking a statin. She was referring to the use of an over the counter cough medication, I have been taking to help ease the symptoms of my upper respiratory infection. I did this once and vow to never use it again! I have gotten off Lipitor by using Nicotinic Acid and getting much better results but still use COQ10 to protect Liver as you must do while taking Statins. If you are not using CoQ10, I urge you to research this issue. MCL reduces your D3 and should be taken everyday! I use 5000mgs a day. I was sorta taken aback. She was partially correct. I'm against taking supplements, but when necessary I don't have a problem taking over the counter medication, when my ailments finally get the better of me. ...

When is enough, enough?

Today I learned, Lance Armstrong, the most drug tested athlete in the history of sport, is being accused of doping, again . This time by the US Anti Doping Agency (USADA), who claim they have collected blood samples from him in 2009 and 2010 that were “fully consistent with blood manipulation including EPO use and/or blood transfusions.” Really! What took them so long? The French have been trying to make allegations of drug doping stick for years, ever since he won his first Tour d'France, but to no avail. And now the USADA claims to have evidence to support that claim, and they've waited almost 3 years before releasing this evidence. Needless to say, I am skeptical. Then there's this from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO): Increasing the federal excise tax on cigarettes by 50 cents per pack eventually would increase Medicare and Social Security spending, slightly. Eventually? What is the CBO suggesting here? That we should encourage smoking, because if we don't, in...